Friday, January 8, 2010

Baked Fruit... Who Knew?!?

On the SCD diet I'm able to eat and eat and eat, yet never seem to get that nasty, heavy, gross feeling when you've eaten too much. Also, once my metabolism levels out and the some of the extra pounds shed in the next month, I'll stay at the perfect weight without ever having to worry about how many calories I'm consuming. Sounds crazy, but it's true and I know from experience.

Any who, without the ever present calorie looming over my head, I decided after I ate my little sorbet cup that I wanted snack #2. I looked around the kitchen and came upon 2 bosc pears that were barely ripe. Having made baked apples the night before and devoured those for breakfast, I decided to try my hand at pears. The result was pretty special. Here's what I came up with:

2 Bosc Pears, peeled and sliced into small chunks
2 TBS Marsala Wine (Optional)
1/3 Cup Honey
3 TBS Butter
1/4 Tsp Ginger
1/4 Tsp Cinnamon

Preheat Oven to 375
Place pears in a small glass baking dish. Melt butter and add remaining ingredients in small bowl, drizzle this mixture over pears. Bake 45-60 min until soft and slightly browned. These make a great addition to homemade vanilla yogurt, or pork chops! Go Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment