Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tasty Little Devils

I had deviled eggs so much growing up, I thought that every one liked them. I learned that is not exactly the case the first time I ever brought a tray of them to a party... I went home with a tray of them. Apparently it's old people food. Whatever, I still love them just the same, and I don't even have to modify them for the SCD. Here's my recipe!

Deviled Eggs
(makes 1 doz)

6 Jumbo Eggs, Hard Boiled and Peeled
2 TBS Mayo (I made my own)
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
2 Twists of the Pepper Grinder
1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
1/2 Tsp Yellow Mustard
Juice from 1 Lemon Wedge
Paprika for Garnish

Slice eggs in half long ways. Gently pop the yolks into a small bowl. Using a fork, mash the yolks well. Add all remaining ingredients except paprika, and mash until very smooth and creamy. Place about one spoonful of the yolk mixture back into the egg whites, spreading evenly. Garnish with paprika.

Deviled Eggs are something that you can play with, feel free to add more/less seasoning, substitute Dijon mustard, or use cayenne instead of paprika if you really want some zing. There is no wrong way to prepare them, just your way.

2 comments:

  1. You can not use the yoke and do hummus instead... YUm. Can u have garbanzo beans?~ Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately not. The only beans I'm allowed are navy beans soaked 24 hours prior to cooking.

    ReplyDelete