Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lemon Meringue Pie

I got the following recipe out of The Grain Free Gourmet. Tastes good, but a little runny. This could be partially my fault for not cooking the lemon curd long enough, but I think it has a little to do with folding in a couple egg whites before baking. Next time I'll just double the curd and omit the egg whites. Also had some trouble making peaks and mounds out of the meringue. Maybe I didn't whip it long enough before adding the honey. I think the moral of the story is: I am too impatient to be dealing with things like lemon meringue pie.

Message me if you're interested in the recipe, it's far too long to type (that's me being impatient again). Or, if you're interested in having an entire book of delicious grain-free, sugar free, low lactose recipes, simply go out and get Grain Free Gourmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment