Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Many Meats

I bought a bunch of meat yesterday, but found my self with absolutely no time to cook it. So this evening, I decided to cook as much of it as possible to avoid spoiling, and then marinate the rest for tomorrow. First up... Purple Pork Chops! This one is kinda different, but very tasty. I prefer mine with salt, but it's your call.

Purple Pork Chops:

4 Center Cut Pork Loin Chops
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 TBS Chopped Garlic
1/3 Cup Red Wine (I used Merlot)
Dash of Cumin
TBS Cooking Oil (I used Coconut)

Combine all ingredients except cooking oil in small bowl, marinate in the fridge for 1 hour. Drain liquid from bowl and discard. Fry chops and garlic over medium-high heat until inside is no longer pink.

The picture doesn't really do it justice, but these were bright purple when they were done!


I roasted a chicken in herb butter, and while that was in the oven I prepped 2 steaks by pounding them and sprinkling with Sauce Goddess Original Chunk rub. I can not wait to grill these tomorrow.


I also came up with my own delicious SCD rub for a small rack of baby back ribs. I'll report back once they're cooked, but they need to marinate at least overnight. Mmmmmm.

1/4 Cup Honey
1 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
2 Tsp Kosher Salt
1 1/2 Tsp Paprika
1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Tsp Fresh Chopped Garlic

The worst part about the ribs was removing the membrane. I had never done this before and it was thoroughly disgusting, but supposedly well worth it because it helps the marinade soak in. Thank god for vinyl gloves. Now that I'm exhausted and covered in 3 types of animal blood I think it's time for bed (after a quick rinse that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment