Friday, January 8, 2010

SCD Strawberry Sorbet

Now I know why they say "Necessity is the Mother of Invention". After being on the intro diet for 3 days I'm getting REALLY cranky. I saw some pancakes on the TV and almost had a fit. Yeah. It's that bad. I was desperate for something yummy but restricted to thoroughly cooked veggies, fruits, meats, eggs and yogurt. This may sound delicious to someone like my crazy veggie tofu loving boyfriend, but definitely not my cup of tea. I didn't have time to cook any meat, I was sick to death of eggs, and none of the organic produce in my fridge looked appetizing. After rummaging through my freezer I found some fresh ripe strawberries that I froze 6 months back. I threw a few things in the blender, then in my ice cream maker, and 30 min later voila!


Strawberry Lemon Sorbet!

The aforementioned boyfriend says they taste identical to Luigi's Italian Ice cups that he loves, so I'm gonna have to keep these little guys under lock and key.

I didn't measure anything but here is the recipe from what I can remember:

1 Package of strawberries, frozen
1-2 TBS of Lemon Juice
1/2 Water
1/2 cup of Honey, more if you want it sweeter

Put everything but honey in the blender, and mix until it's completely liquid with no chunks. If too thick, add water 1 tablespoon at a time until smooth. Warm honey in microwave for about 20 seconds and drizzle it into the mixture while blender is running. Continue to blend for another minute or so. Pour this mixture into an ice cream maker (I have a Cuisinart, love it) for about 30 minutes.

Remove and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment