Monday, January 11, 2010

The Other White Meat

Yesterday I decided to make a more sophisticated version of pork chops and applesauce. I marinated the pork in fresh rosemary, garlic, salt and olive oil for about 6 hours, cooked them on the charcoal grill, and served them alongside some leftover baked apples. Delicious!!


The salad I made was simple but surprisingly tasty. Boyfriend gobbled it all up, and he "hates" salad (which I find hysterical because he's a vegetarian). FYI, this recipe is MUCH better if you use all organic veggies and good quality vinegar.

Avocado Tomato Salad
(serves 2)

2 semi hard avocados
2 small or 1 large ripe tomato
1/2 medium red onion, sliced in rings
3 TBS White Wine Vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

Chop avocado and tomato into 1 inch chunks, add remaining ingredients and lightly toss in large bowl. Serve on a bed of your favorite leafy lettuce (I used a mix of butter leaf and iceberg)


It's been almost 1 week on the intro diet, and I'm feeling pretty damn good. Don't know if I'm lighter but my pants fit better I feel less bloated. I'm down to 20mg of Prednisone (I was on 40 just a month ago), and haven't had any serious symptoms in about 3 days, which is kind of a big deal for me. Today was the first time I've eaten any cheese, which is also a huge milestone because I usually eat it like it's going out of style and I've been trying to cut back.

Today I slept through my alarm and didn't have much time to prepare food so I ended up just eating a bunch of fruit, yogurt, leftover chicken, and such scraps I could grab out of the fridge before work. However, when I got home I ate round 2 of pork chops and apples, only this time I roasted broccoli, eggplant and onions on the grill. I've discovered that the trick to good eggplant is slicing it into thin spears, sweating it, and grilling till it's almost burnt. Just a little fresh garlic and olive oil and topping to finish. You know, I think I may be getting the hang of this vegetable thing...

Over the weekend I made several things that were either unsuccessful (ketchup) or boring to take pictures of (almond milk). I did, however, take a pic of my second roast chicken before I snatched off all the skin (so good!). For your viewing pleasure:

Don't be fooled by my amazing photography, these are tiny birds. But is it weird that I eat about 2 chickens a week? In terms of consumption, it's not that much in weight, but when I think of a whole live chicken runnin' around and cluckin' it sounds kind of weird. I'm just sayin.

I do believe that if I'm feeling up to it I will start on some almond flour baked goods this week and drop my steroids to 15mg this weekend. Next week I'm starting a series of body wraps to suck some of this nasty water weight out of me. I've done it before and it totally works. I can't wait to be rid of some of these pounds! I'm excited and still motivated, and not missing pizza (that much), so yay me! Also getting my hairs and nails did this weekend, so at this rate my hotness is going to be out of control in month or two (I kid, I kid!).

No comments:

Post a Comment